1.1

Update by user Oct 10, 2017

Upon speaking with Ultratan's corporate office (Becky), I was informed that the problem had already been addressed; the specific Ultratan location had taken my complaint in a constructive manner and (my perception was) used it as an opportunity to assist in employee development and improve customer service.I was very pleased that Ultratan was able to take a complaint and better a location, staff member, and/or all around customer service. I have since visited the location in Travelers Rest 2 times AND I LOVE IT.

The staff is knowledgeable, professional, and genuinely make me feel valued as a customer. Thank you, Ultratan, for remaining top-notch in customer service and customer experience satisfaction. I appreciate your time and assisting me and I appreciate the manner in which it was handled in such way to appear to have been a positive, teachable moment; it certainly has shown upon my visits.

I am excited to do business with this location. The store is so clean, and they have a wide variety of beds.Thanks again- Robyn

Original review posted by user Sep 21, 2017

I've been a gold plus member at Ultratan for over six months now. Because I work long hours at a hospital, I explained when signing up that I may be unable to arrive 20 minutes prior to closing.

I was assured adamantly that Ultratan accepts all customers up until the posted time of closing. I arrive tonight, after rushing to get out of work, 3.5 minutes prior to closing. When I pulled up and parked, the lights were still on because it was NOT the posted closing time. As I was approaching the door, the staff member that was just standing around talking to a guy in the store, actually turned out the lights and lock the door in my face!!!

Wow, what disrespect! Travelers Rest, South Carolina, is not the store that I typically use, but it was the closest location to my workplace, and I knew I could arrive prior to closing. I only tan 10-12 minutes anyway, and this was completely disappointing. Rude, unprofessional, and disappointing.

Because of the proclaimed excellent customer service, the adamant convincing that the posted hours were in fact the hours in which they operated- I did not mind paying and continuing to pay the high membership fee. Additionally, I spend an enormous amount in products, upgrades, and services. I am just disgusted at the way I was just treated at this Travelers Rest location. This is proof that it only takes one store, and one experience, by one rude and unprofessional staff member clearly preoccupied with the opposite sex, to make an entire chain look ridiculously horrible.

This has also change my entire perception on Ultra Tan and how they choose to run this business.

I am unsure at this point if I will continue with my membership, I have sent a message to corporate, and at this point, my continuation will soley depend on how they choose to handle a problem of this magnitude when notified. I'm so frustrated and definitely would never recommend this location to ANYONE!

Review about: Ultratan Customer Care.

Comments

Please tell me how you got in touch with someone at their corporate office!!! Every number I try sends me to “Jessica” who has a full voicemail and can’t accept anymore messages! Have been trying to contact someone for a week now regarding a product issue.

ULTRATANCares
Ultratan Verified Representative

Please know that this is absolutely unacceptable. I would to be happy to contact you for resolution.

Can you please contact me?

My name is Becky I work at the Ultratan Corp Office and can be reached at 864-250-9922 ext. 220, I am in the office Monday- Friday 8am to 5pm.

to ULTRATANCares #1372991

Thank you for your response. I am glad to hear that this is not something that is condoned via management; as I stated, I have ONLY had positive experiences with all other locations.

I certainly can contact you regarding this matter.

I will attempt to contact you prior to 5pm, but if for some reason, I do not get a chance between patients today, I will contact you in the morning. Thank you for reaching out to, and I look forward to speaking with you.

Thanks,

Robyn

ULTRATANCares
to Robyn E. Finley #1372992
Ultratan Verified Representative

Thank you Robyn, look forward to speaking with you :)

robyne325_86
to ULTRATANCares #1377604

Upon speaking with Ultratan's corporate office (Becky), I was informed that the problem had already been addressed; the specific Ultratan location had taken my complaint in a constructive manner and (my perception was) used it as an opportunity to assist in employee development and improve customer service. I was very pleased that Ultratan was able to take a complaint and better a location, staff member, and/or all around customer service.

I have since visited the location in Travelers Rest 2 times AND I LOVE IT.

I am excited to do business with this location.

The store is so clean, and they have a wide variety of beds. Thanks again- Robyn